Crawl Space Insulation
Crawl Space Insulation
EcoFoil Bubble Insulation is the recommended product for your crawl space. We also offer pre-cut joist insulation that is designed to staple between floor joists in your crawl space ceiling for vented crawl space applications. In a vented crawl space application, traditional fiberglass insulation will accumulate moisture and start to sag while also forming unwanted mold and mildew. Use EcoFoil Double Bubble or EcoFoil Between Joist Insulation under your floor joists to avoid these moisture problems and keep your floors warm. For non-vented crawl spaces, we recommend encapsulating the entire crawl space using EcoFoil Bubble Insulation, along with an XPS, EPS or Polyurethane foam insulation used on the walls. In this application, creating a sealed and conditioned crawl space is the key to preventing condensation and keeping your floors warm.
Why Use EcoFoil In Your Crawl Space?
- Reflects 96% of radiant heat - Find out how a radiant barrier works
- Helps keep heat inside your house
- When used in a crawl space floor it prevents moisture from entering the crawl space
- Bubble insulation is a full vapor barrier when seams are taped
- Very durable and can't be ripped or torn by hand
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Safe to handle and requires no special clothing or breathing equipment
What's needed to install EcoFoil Crawl Space Insulation?
The exact equipment needed to install EcoFoil bubble insulation in your crawl space will be determined by which installation method is being used. There are a few things that will be used to install our product regardless of which method is chosen.
Items needed for installation
- Scissors or a sharp utility knife to cut the product
- Insulation tape to seal the seams - Never to be used to attach the product to the building!
- Construction staples - 3/8" wide is a very popular size
- A staple gun - mechanical, pneumatic or electric
- Recommended - Someone to help hold the product while installing
Crawl Space Installation Instructions
More About Crawl Space Insulation
Crawl space insulation in your home is more important than you may think. 15% or more of a home's total heat loss can be attributed to an improperly insulated or un-insulated crawl space. Reflective insulation is an excellent product to use for insulating a crawl space. It is strong, light weight and very clean to install, unlike fiberglass insulation. EcoFoil Bubble Insulation provides a moisture vapor barrier (when seams are taped), controls temperature and prevents cool, damp air from invading the floor above. Rolls of reflective insulation are made to fit between empty floor joists or stapled right across the bottom for unfinished applications.
When installed in a crawl space, or between floor joists, EcoFoil reflective insulation keeps your home's floors warmer in your living area above while regulating temperatures below as well.
Do you have a project that requires EcoFoil insulation for your crawl space? If so, please feel free to give us a call at (888) 349-3645 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome the opportunity to answer any questions you may have!