EcoFoil Perforated Radiant Barrier
is the most appropriate product for attic insulation applications, and is suitable for any climate. This reflective attic insulation prevents excess heat gain in the warm summer months, and prevents heat loss in the cooler, winter months. The perforations in the attic foil prevent condensation build-up, while still delivering 96% reflectivity of radiant heat, making it the ideal product for attic spaces.
Why Use EcoFoil Perforated Radiant Barrier in Your Attic?
- Reflects 96% of radiant heat - see How Radiant Barrier Works
- Ideal for both warm and cold climates
- Perforations allow for moisture to escape, eliminating condensation and mold or mildew
- Easy to install (see below for how to insulate an attic with EcoFoil)
- Can be installed by itself, or in addition to current insulation
- Extremely durable, while remaining lightweight and easy to handle
Items needed for installation
- Scissors or a Sharp utility knife to cut the product
- Construction Staples - 3/8" wide is a very popular size
- A staple gun - mechanical, pneumatic or electric
- Recommended - Someone to help hold the product while installing
Attic Installation Instructions
More About EcoFoil Attic Insulation
Ensuring that your attic is properly insulated is an important step in increasing the efficiency of your HVAC system, and keeping your home comfortable in both hot and cold climates. EcoFoil Perforated Radiant Barrier does just that, while also preventing moisture build-up that could cause mold, mildew and rotting.
In hot climates, attic temperatures can reach as high as 140° F. The radiant heat in the attic tries to force its way into your living space, making your air conditioner work harder, which in turn, increases utility expenses. Conversely, in cold climates, 50-75% of heat can be lost through the attic space, making your heater work overtime to keep your living area warm. EcoFoil’s reflective attic insulation combats these inefficiencies by reflecting 96% of radiant heat, either away from your home, or back into your home, depending on the source of the heat. For more in-depth information, check out our “How Does a Radiant Barrier Work” page.
Do you have a project that requires EcoFoil insulation for your attic? If so, please feel free to give us a call at (888) 349-3645 or send us an email to email@example.com. We welcome the opportunity to answer any questions you may have!