Modern yurts can range from simple and portable structures to elaborate permanent homes that have interior walls, plumbing, and electricity. People can live in yurts all year round in a wide variety of climates. The key to comfortable and sustainable living in a yurt is effective insulation. EcoFoil Bubble Insulation is perfect for yurt living because it is extremely efficient for its thickness. Many manufacturers use reflective insulation in yurt plans direct from the factory. EcoFoil Bubble Insulation is perfect for new and old yurts alike.
Why use EcoFoil in your Yurt?
- Reflects 96% of radiant heat - Find out how a radiant barrier works
- Works in both warm and cold climates
- Thin profile frees up space for more available interior square footage
- Bubble insulation is a full vapor barrier (when seams are taped) that blocks interior moisture and prevents condensation
- Very durable and can't be ripped or torn by hand
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Safe to handle and requires no special clothing or breathing equipment
Items needed for installation
- Scissors or a sharp utility knife to cut the product
- Insulation Tape to seal the seams
- Construction Staples - 3/8" wide is a very popular size
- A staple gun - mechanical, pneumatic or electric
- Recommended - Someone to help hold the product while installing
More about EcoFoil Yurt Insulation
At EcoFoil, we are all about innovation and helping people live a more eco-friendly life. There is an increasing interest in alternative housing and we are proud to help with this. Like tiny houses, many people are choosing yurt homes because of their low cost, portability, and sustainability. A Yurt, also known as a Ger, originated in Mongolia roughly 1,000 years ago. Nomads in central Asia lived in round structures that consisted of wooden accordion-like frames covered with layers of felt and a canvas shell. The roof supports rise up from the wall at an angle and connect to a circle opening in the center. This opening can be opened or closed depending on the weather.
EcoFoil Bubble Insulation can be installed in walls, roof, and under the deck of permanent yurts. In addition to reflecting 96% of radiant heat, it is unaffected by moisture and will serve as a barrier to vapor and prevents condensation. You can even use EcoFoil Under Slab Insulation to insulate the floor of a temporary yurt. Reflective insulation will keep your yurt cool in the summer and warm in the winter by reflecting heat back to its source. You will benefit from insulating your yurt whether you are camping for the night or living in it for many years.
Do you have a project that requires EcoFoil insulation for your yurt? If so, please feel free to give us a call at (888) 349-3645 or send us an email at email@example.com. We welcome the opportunity to answer any questions you may have!