What Is EcoFoil Ultra NT SCIF?
EcoFoil Ultra NT SCIF Barrier is a heavy duty radiant barrier sheet made up of a single layer of woven polyethylene material bonded to - and sandwiched between - two highly reflective aluminum surfaces. Ultra NT is used in SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities) - a special facility for handling sensitive data. Ultra NT is also an approved vapor barrier.
EcoFoil Ultra NT has successfully been used in SCIF applications for sound attenuation and RF frequency shielding. Ultra NT is easy to install and manufactured of non-harmful components.
What is SCI and SCIF?
SCI (Sensitive Compartmented Information)- information and materials that require special controls for restricted handling within compartmented intelligence systems and for which compartmentation is established.
SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) - A term used by the Department of Defense for a secure room or data center that inhibits electronic surveillance and suppresses data leakage.
A SCIF is an accredited area, room, building or installation where SCI may be stored, discussed or processed.
Reducing the intensity or the sound pressure level of sound, which is transmitted from one point to another.
Ultra NT SCIF Radiant Barrier Installation Instructions
The Radio Frequency Shielding application is highly specialized. We provide the following instructions only as a guide. Please consult the architect for correct application for any project.
- Please unroll the Ultra NT product and cut it to appropriate lengths to cover all walls, ceilings, and floors of a room or building that you want shielded from RF transmission.
- If the building is made of wood framing, you can staple the product to the wood directly – stapling every 6-10 inches.
- If the building is made of concrete, than you can use a general purpose construction adhesive to attach the product to the concrete wall. A bead of adhesive at 1 foot intervals should be sufficient to hold the product in place.
- In some cases, the Ultra NT must be installed between two layers of 5/8” gypsum board – please consult with the architect to be sure.
- Make sure to overlap all Ultra NT joints by 6” and then use an aluminum foil tape to seal all seams.
- When you reach the top of a wall, extend the Ultra NT so that it extends around the corner and onto the ceiling for 6 inches.
- When you reach the bottom of a wall, extend the Ultra NT so that it extends onto the floor by 6 inches.
- Install more Ultra NT material on the ceiling and the floor to complete the job.
Technical Info & MSDS
Download a printable Spec Sheet for this product here: SCIF Radiant Barrier Foil
Download a printable MSDS Sheet for this product here: MSDS Sheet for SCIF Radiant Barrier
Ultra NT SCIF Radiant Barrier Specifications
See "Related Item" below for the proper conductive aluminum foil tape to seal seams, and repair damaged SCIF radiant barrier.
||0.011 in. / 11 mil|
||0.52 oz/ sq. ft.|
|Temperature Range - ASTM C411
||-40 F to 200 F|
|Fire Rating - ASTM E84-09
||Class 1 / Class A|
|Tongue Tear - ASTM D117
|Pliability - CAN/CGB 51.33
|Tensile & Elongation - ASTM D882
||52 lbs/in (MD) - 46 lbs/in (XD)|
|Water Vapor & Permeability - ASTM E96
|Resistance to Fungi & Bacteria - ASTM C1338
||Does Not Promote Growth|
|Puncture Resistance - ASTM D781