EcoFoil® HVAC duct insulation works to increase the energy efficiency of your home's or building's heating and cooling system by insulating the duct work. R8 duct insulation is a product you can install yourself for increased energy savings at home. HVAC duct insulation uses bubble insulation cut to size for duct wrap specifically. R8 duct insulation means that the average R value of this application for bubble insulation is 8. The HVAC duct insulation also includes spacer strips which are essential to create an airspace to allow the foil to work properly.
- R-Value = 8.0
- Roll is 48"W x 50' Long (200 sq ft)
- Thermal value unaffected by moisture or humidity
- Reflects radiant heat using reflective foil technology and insulates your duct from convective heat loss
- Prevents exterior buildup of condensation and does not harbor mold, mildew or fungal growth
- Saves energy, money and is easy to install
- Includes spacer strips which are applied at 2' intervals for a consistent airspace around the duct.
HVAC Duct Insulation Wrap Usage
Big 8 reflective bubble insulation is meant to be used around any duct work in your home or building.
Installation Instructions for Duct Work Insulation
Download the EcoFoil Big 8 HVAC Installation instructions (PDF)
See more ideas for optional installations and R-Values for HVAC Duct Insulation »
R-8 Duct Insulation Specifications
Download a printable spec sheet for this product: R-8 HVAC Duct Insulation (427 KB)
|Thermal Resistance||R-8 with Bubble Spacers|
|Temp Range||-50F to 180F (ASTM C411)|
|Fire Rating|| Class 1/ Class A (ASTM E84-09)|
|Full Room Burn|| Pass (NFPA 286)|
|Emissivity||0.04 (ASTM C1371-04A)|
|Reflectivity||0.96 (ASTM E903)|
|Water Vapor Permeability||0.029 Perms (ASTM E96) |
|Resistance to Fungi||Does Not Promote Growth (ASTM C1338-08)|
|Pliability||No Cracking (ASTM C1224-03)|
|Bleeding / Delamination||None (ASTM C1224-03)|
|Full Room Burn||Pass (NFPA 286)|
Exercise caution when using EcoFoil R8 around electrical wiring.
To ensure the integrity of EcoFoil R8 duct insulation, reflective foil tape must be used to seal all seams.