Cathedral Ceiling Insulation
Adding insulation to a Cathedral Ceiling is an important step in ensuring comfort inside your structure, while also reducing radiant heat loss and saving money on energy bills. Depending on your preference and application, Between Joist Insulation or standard Bubble Insulation can be used in a cathedral ceiling.
Why use EcoFoil Cathedral Ceiling Insulation?
- Reflects 96% of radiant heat - Find out how a radiant barrier works
- Works in both warm and cold climates
- Easy installation (see below on How to Install Cathedral Ceiling Insulation)
- Versatile enough to fit between joists or attach directly underneath joists
- Very durable and can't be ripped or torn by hand
- Lightweight and easy handle
- Safe to handle and requires no special clothing or breathing equipment
Items needed for installation
- Scissors or a Sharp utility knife to cut the product
- Insulation Tape to seal the seams
- Construction Staples - 3/8" wide is a very popular size
- A staple gun - mechanical, pneumatic or electric
- Recommended - Someone to help hold the product while installing
Cathedral Ceiling Installation Instructions
More About EcoFoil Cathedral Ceiling Insulation
Insulating a cathedral ceiling can be somewhat complicated and labor intensive if you are not familiar with the requirements of ventilation and thermal heat transfer. Depending on the construction method and materials used there are multiple options for insulating between the exterior roofing and the interior finish.
As with any residential roof structure, there must be adequate ventilation provided from the eave of the building to the peak of the roof. This is important for proper natural airflow in order to eliminate the opportunity for condensation to form between the roofing materials. The easiest way to ensure a ventilation gap in a cathedral ceiling is to install insulation baffles between each ceiling joist. These are easily stapled to the roof sheeting and they create a 1" airspace that will run continuously from the eave to the ridge.
Do you have a project that requires EcoFoil Cathedral Ceiling Insulation? If so, please feel free to give us a call at (888) 349-3645 or send us an email to email@example.com. We welcome the opportunity to answer any questions you may have!