Various foil insulation products are used alone or in conjunction with conventional insulation in your home's stud walls. When installed in a residential application EcoFoil radiant barrier provides extra protection against radiant heat gain and loss.
EcoFoil is unaffected by humidity and moisture making it safer and more effective than mass insulation alone. The polyethylene bubbles create a thermal break while the 99% foil exterior provides protection against radiant heat transfer.
Radiant barrier in stud wall applications:
Benefits of Reflective Foil Insulation used in Stud Walls:
- Effective in extreme temperatures-both hot and cold
- Strong, clean, lightweight and flexible
- Quick and easy installation
- Safe to handle with no special clothing or breathing equipment
- Cuts and installs easier than fiberglass
- Reflects 97% of Radiant Heat
- Easily stapled, nailed or glued into place
- Waterproof, Non absorbent surface will not promote mold/fungi
Calculating Square Footage for Stud Wall InsulationUse the following calculation to determine your interior wall square footage.
(Height x Width) x 2= X
(Height x Length) x 2= Y
X + Y = Total Square Footage Needed