Crawl space insulation in your home is more important than you may think. 15% or more of a home's total heat loss can be attributed to an improperly insulated or un-insulated crawl space. Reflective Foil Insulation is an excellent product to use for insulating a crawl space. It is strong, light weight and very clean to install, unlike fiberglass insulation. EcoFoil radiant barrier bubble insulation provides a moisture vapor barrier and controls temperature and prevents cool, damp air from invading the floor above. Rolls of reflective foil bubble insulation are made to fit between empty floor joists or stapled right across the bottom for unfinished applications creating an R-value of 10.5.
When installed in a crawl space, or between floor joists, reflective bubble insulation keeps your home's floors warmer in your living area above while regulating temperatures below as well.
The illustration below shows the two methods for installation:
Install Tip: If you are choosing "Between Joist" installation, use our pre-cut rolls of Double Bubble Foil Barrier listed below.
Benefits of using Foil Bubble Insulation for Crawl Space Insulation:
- Warmer, more comfortable floors
- Lower utility bills
- Effective in extreme temperatures-both hot and cold
- Strong but clean, lightweight and flexible
- Easy installation
- Safe to handle with no special clothing or breathing equipment
- Cuts and installs easier than fiberglass
- Reflects 96% of Radiant Heat
- Easily stapled, nailed or glued into place
- Waterproof, Non absorbent surface
Learn about the benefits of using bubble insulation for a crawl space vapor barrier.