Reflective Bubble Insulation is excellent for insulating concrete basement walls. It can turn your cold damp basement into a comfortable, dry living space. When installed properly it provides resistance to conductive, convective and radiant heat transfer. Reflective Radiant Barrier performs as a vapor barrier and also controls condensation problems. Temperatures in uninsulated basements fluctuate between 50 - 70F, compared to the living space above which is typically between 68 and 74F.
Benefits of using Reflective Radiant Barrier Insulation in you basement:
- Effective in extreme temperatures-both hot and cold
- Strong but clean, lightweight and flexible
- Easy installation
- Safe to handle with no special clothing or breathing equipment
- Cuts and installs easier than fiberglass
- Reflects 97% of Radiant Heat
- Easily stapled, nailed or glued into place
- Waterproof, Non absorbent surface
Basement Floor Insulation
EcoFoil Ultra Under Concrete Barrier Insulation is designed to block the ground elements from seeping up from below while reflecting heat from above into your living space, keeping your floor temperature more comfortable.
Ultra Under Concrete Barrier (Bubble / Foil / Bubble). This new product is a PATENTED design consisting of a layer of pure aluminum centered between a layer of bubble insulation laminated to each side. This encapsulates the reflective foil sheet preventing it from being exposed to the ground or the concrete, ensuring the life and performance of the product.
Benefits of using Under Concrete Barrier Reflective Insulation
- Eliminates dampness in basements
- Moderates slab temperatures
- Quick and easy to install
- Strong 140 PSI compression rate
- Creates a thermal break between ground and slab
- Provides and excellent vapor & radon barrier
- High 85 PSI puncture rate
- Designed specifically for use in concrete applications
- Reduces heat loss by up to 57% (Bodycote Testing Lab 4/10/00)
See Also: Basement Moisture Barrier